This Policy is published and shall be construed in accordance with the provisions of the Information Technology Act, 2000 including any amendments thereof, from time to time, the rules thereunder as applicable. If you do not agree with this Policy, we request you to not use or access this Website.
Cookies and similar technologies
Log file information
We automatically collect limited information about your computer's/device's connection to the internet, including your IP address, when you visit the Website. Your IP address is a number that allows computers attached to the internet to know where to send the data -- such as the pages you view. We automatically receive and log information from your browser, including but not limited to your computer's name and your operating system.
We may use "clear GIFs" (Web Beacons) to track your online usage patterns in an anonymous manner, without personally identifying you.
Purpose and Use of Information
We may process your information for the following purposes:
- to deliver our web pages to you upon request
- to remember your preferences
- to identify popular news stories
- to remember you last accessed the Website
- to tailor the Website to your interests and enhance user experience
- to measure traffic within the Website
- to improve the quality, functionality and interactivity of the Website
- to debug in case of failures
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- We may disclose your information to any authorized/competent government, statutory, judicial or quasi-judicial bodies if required to do so by law or in good faith we believe that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders.
- We through this website do not share any personally identifiable information to third party websites/advertisers /ad-servers, without your consent.
Storage and Retention
- We store and retain information for a period no longer than it is required for the purpose for which it was collected. However, we may retain information we believe it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse or if required by law such as in the event of the pendency of any legal/regulatory proceeding or receipt of any legal and/or regulatory direction to that effect or for other legitimate purposes.
- Once the information has reached its retention period, it shall be deleted in compliance with PhonePe's policy on retention and data deletion.
Reasonable Security Practices
- PhonePe is an ISO27001 and PCI-DSS certified entity and has deployed technical and physical security measures to safeguard your information. We understand that as effective as our security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. Hence, as part of our reasonable security practices, we undergo strict internal and external reviews to ensure appropriate information security encryption or controls are placed for both information in motion and information at rest within our network and servers respectively. The database is stored on servers secured behind a firewall; access to the servers is password-protected and is strictly limited.
Third-Party Products, Services, or Websites
- We may process your information with consent. By accessing/using this Website and/or by providing your information, you consent to the processing of your information by PhonePe in accordance with this Policy.
Changes to this Policy