Trust & Safety
Fraud Reporting Channels — Here’s what you need to know!
A fraud dispute is when the victim of a fraud contacts the PhonePe customer care, in case they have faced a fraudulent activity.
There are multiple ways in which a customer can raise a fraud dispute on PhonePe. These include :
- The PhonePe app
- The PhonePe customer care number
- Webform submission
- Social media
Here’s how you can raise a complaint via the PhonePe app :
- Login to the PhonePe app
- Click the help section on the right corner ”?”
- Click on “have an issue with the transaction” option
- Go to the next page and click on the “Report your issue” option
- The app will then list out all the recent transactions
- Customers should choose the transaction for which the dispute needs to be raised
- Next, customers can select ”I got a payment request from a fraudster” or “I received a call from a fraudster”
- Once the relevant option is chosen, a ticket will be generated on PhonePe and the Trust and Safety team will review it and take action
Raising a dispute via PhonePe customer care:
- Customers can contact the PhonePe customer care by using one of the following numbers to escalate their complaint 080–68727374 / 022–68727374. Once you contact them, our support agents will raise a ticket accordingly.
Raising a dispute via Webform submission :
- Customers can raise a ticket using our webform Link-https://support.phonepe.com/
- The link will then prompt them to enter the registered phone number and a captcha.
- On submitting the credentials, it will ask you to enter the OTP which will be sent to the registered phone number
- Once the login is successful customers can, “report a fraud or unauthorized activity”
- Once customers select the relevant fraud reporting options, they will be redirected to the contact support page where customers can share transaction details and documents
- Once the fraud transaction details are filled and submitted, a ticket will be generated
- The customer can use this portal for updates on the tickets that they have raised.
Raising a dispute via Social Media:
- Customers can report fraudulent incidents via our social media handles
Twitter — https://twitter.com/PhonePeSupport
Raising a dispute via Grievance :
- This portal is used to report grievances on already raised tickets
- Customers should login to https://grievance.phonepe.com/, and the customer can share the ticket ID which is already raised
Raising a dispute via the Cybercrime Portal
- Customers can also reach out to the nearest cyber crime branch to lodge a complaint against their fraud disputes
- The customers can can also raise a cyber complaint online by tapping this link — https://cybercrime.gov.in/
- Alternatively the customers can also contact the cyber cell police on 1930