These terms and conditions regulate the use of PhonePe issued Gift Card, a Semi Closed Prepaid Payment Instrument (hereinafter referred to as “PhonePe Gift Cards") offered by PhonePe Private Limited) a company incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 with its registered office at Unit No.001, Ground Floor, Boston House, Suren Road, Off. Andheri-Kurla Road, Andheri (East) Mumbai – 400 093, India(hereinafter referred to as ”PhonePe”). PhonePe has been authorised in this regard by the Reserve Bank of India under Authorisation number: 98/2016 dated 9th December 2016.
By purchasing or using a Gift Card, you are agreeing to and accept these terms and conditions.
Gift Card may only be purchased in denominations upto Rs. 10,000. PhonePe may cap the maximum amount of Gift Card based on business rules or fraud prevention rules. You may purchase PhonePe Gift Card using gift-rewards, Debit Card or Credit Card. Gift Cards cannot be purchased using Wallet or Gift Card balance. Usually Gift Cards are delivered instantly. But sometimes due to system issues, the delivery can be delayed by up-to 24 hours.
Gift Cards, including any unused Gift Card balances, expire one year from the date of issuance. Gift Cards cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value or redeemed for cash. Unused Gift Card balances may not be transferred to another PhonePe account. No interest will be payable by PhonePe on any Gift Card or Gift Card balance.
Gift Card may only be redeemed toward transactions on eligible merchants on PhonePe platform. Purchase amount is deducted from the user's Gift Card balance. Any unused Gift Card balance will remain associated with the user's PhonePe account and applied to purchases in order of earliest expiration date. If a purchase exceeds the user's Gift Card balance, the remaining amount must be paid with any of the other available instruments. No user fees or charges apply to redemption of Gift Cards.
PhonePe is not responsible if a Gift Card is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission. PhonePe will have the right to close customer accounts and take payment from alternative forms of payment if a fraudulently obtained Gift Card is redeemed and/or used to make purchases on PhonePe platform. PhonePe fraud prevention policies will cover both the purchases of Gift Cards and redemption on PhonePe platform. Transactions that are deemed suspicious by fraud prevention policies may be disallowed by PhonePe. PhonePe reserves the right to cancel fraudulently obtained / purchased Gift Cards and put restrictions on suspicious accounts as deemed appropriate by our fraud prevention systems.
You agree and understand that Gift Cards are a Pre-Paid Payment Instrument subjected to regulations by RBI. Under the RBI guidelines, PhonePe Pvt. Ltd may be required to share KYC details of the purchaser/ redeemer of the Gift Card and/or any other information with relation to the purchase of the Gift Cards and/or transaction undertaken using the Gift Card with RBI or such statutory authorities. PhonePe Pvt. Ltd may contact the purchaser/redeemer of the Gift Card for any such information.
PhonePe Rewards program⌄
PhonePe from time to time can provide incentives in the form a PhonePe Reward to users who can redeem it as they see fit.
By agreeing to use PhonePe, a user of PhonePe services agrees to the below terms and conditions:
- PhonePe reserves the right to provide rewards its users as perinternal policies as decided by PhonePe from time to time.
- For cashback rewards, all of PhonePe terms and conditions applicable to cashback awardance and usage will continue to apply (ref: 'Cashback / Wallet Balance Limit' in PhonePeTerms and Conditions).
- PhonePe reserves the right to pull back rewards from a user's account (pre or post redemption) in case of suspicious or fradulent activities as detected by PhonePe from time to time without any notice/intimation.
- Scratch cards standing unclaimed will be forfeited post 1 year of granting of the scratch card to the user.
- The reward is not guaranteed in any manner whatsoever.
- If you win a reward, the reward amount shall be credited to your PhonePe Wallet.
- Phonepe may use your personal information for promotional purposes without additional consent from or compensation to you.
- This offer is not available in the state of Tamil Nadu (owing to the Tamil Nadu Prize Scheme (Prohibition) Act 1979) and other states wherever prohibited by law.
- Customers' participation in any offer constitutes their understanding and agreement to the complete terms and conditions associated with each offer.
If you are entitled for cashback, you agree to receiving the same as a gift voucher.
The gift vouchers will be valid for 1 year and is subject to a maximum limit of Rs.10,000 per gift voucher. PhonePe reserves the right to extend the validity period of your vouchers at its discretion.
PhonePe reserves the right to impose additional amount limits within the overall applicable limit.
PhonePe reserves the right to award offers and related benefits as per internal policy decided by PhonePe from time to time.
What happens in case of refund/cancellation of my Transaction?
In case of any cancellations, the cashback given on the transaction will continue to remain as gift voucher balance and non-withdrawable to your bank account. This can continue to be used on PhonePe (recharges, bill payments, etc.)
Refunded amount less of cashback will be credited back to the source of funds used while making payment.
Cashback gift voucher can be used for recharges, bill payments and payments on PhonePe partner platforms/stores.
Cashback gift voucher cannot be withdrawn to any linked bank account or transferred to other customers.
A user can earn up to maximum INR 9,999 per financial year (i.e. 1 April to 31 March) across all offers disbursed on Phonepe