Terms and Conditions< Back
Terms and Conditions⌄
This document is an electronic record in terms of Information Technology Act, 2000, amendments thereof from time to time and the rules thereunder as applicable and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
Please read the terms and conditions carefully before registering, accessing or using the PhonePe Services (defined below). The terms and conditions are legal contract ("Agreement") between You and PhonePe Private Limited (“PhonePe”) having its registered office at Unit No.001, Ground Floor, Boston House, Suren Road, Off. Andheri-Kurla Road, Andheri (East) Mumbai – 400 093, India. You agree and acknowledge that you have read the terms and conditions set forth below. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions or do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, you may not use the Services and/or immediately terminate the Services and/or uninstall the mobile application.
“We”, “Us”, “Our” - shall refer to PhonePe and PhonePe Entities.
“You”, “Yours”, “Yourself”, “PhonePe User” - refers to any non-registered individual or corporate body, registered user of PhonePe and PhonePe Entities, including but not limited to PhonePe customers or Merchants.
“PhonePe App” - The mobile application(s), hosted by PhonePe and PhonePe Entities for providing PhonePe services to its users, including merchants and service providers and also includes any and all Services where it acts as an Intermediary .
“PhonePe Website” - Shall refer to www.phonepe.com, which is registered by PhonePe and used as a medium to communicate and inform users of services provided by PhonePe and PhonePe Entities, not limiting to its features, terms and conditions, Our contact details.
“PhonePe Entities” - shall mean group, affiliates, associates and subsidiaries of PhonePe.
‘PhonePe Platform” - Refers to any platform owned/subscribed/used by PhonePe Private Limited or any other PhonePe Entities not limited to websites, mobile applications, devices, URLs/links, notifications, chatbot, or any other communication medium used by PhonePe Entities to provide its services to its Users.
“PhonePe Services” - shall include all services extended / to be extended by PhonePe and PhonePe entity as a group including but not limited to Pre-Paid Instruments, Gift cards, Payment Gateway, Recharges and Bill Payments, Insurance, Mutual Funds, Gold sale & purchase, switch interface/ access including others.
“Service Providers” – Refers to any individual, group of individuals defined under law whose services are used by PhonePe or PhonePe Entities in order to provide the intended Services to You through PhonePe Platform.
“Business Partners” – Shall refer to any individual, group of individuals defined under law with whom PhonePe or PhonePe Entities have a contractual relationship and not limited to Merchants, Advertisers, Deal partners, Financial institutions, switch interface partners
“Participating Platforms / Merchant Partners” - Websites and Platforms that accepts permitted PhonePe Services to make a payment against products or services offered by such platforms.
By accessing PhonePe Service and PhonePe Platforms, You represent that:-
- You are 18 years of age or older;
- You are capable of entering into a contract /legally binding agreement;
- You are not barred or otherwise legally prohibited from accessing or using services of PhonePe or PhonePe Entities under the laws of India.
- You are not impersonating any person or entity, or falsely stating your age or affiliation with any person or entity. PhonePe and PhonePe Entities shall reserve the right to terminate your contract to use PhonePe Platform in case of any incorrect representation of the above-mentioned conditions.
- The mandatory information and Officially valid document(s) “OVD”/ document details mentioned by you are true & correct and belong to You.
- PhonePe Account (“PA”) - PhonePe Account is the account that you create when you sign-up/register with PhonePe.
- This account allows you to access PhonePe Platform, browse through the PhonePe Service, make payment using debit card, credit cards or net banking collectively known as (‘Payment Gateway Services’) to permissible merchants on PhonePe Platform or on Participating Platforms.
- You would need to register by providing additional information in order to make payment via Unified Payment Interface (“UPI”) and Pre-Paid Instruments (“PPI”) services to make payments to merchants using these modes of payments.
- Allows you to store your card details within our secure PCI-DSS zone for use of transactions.
- Allows you to share and maintain the Know Your Customer “KYC” details and information for underwriting purposes for other financial and non-financial products available on PhonePe App as Services illustrated below:
- PhonePe Pre-Paid Instrument (“PPI”, “PhonePe Wallet”) & PhonePe Gift Card (“eGV”)
- PhonePe UPI (“UPI” - Unified Payment Interface)
- External Wallets (“EW”)
- Purchase and redemption of Mutual Funds Units
- Insurance Solicitation
- Recharge & Bill Payments (“RBP”)
- Merchant Payments on PhonePe Platform (“Switch Merchants”) Any other financial product/feature that is provided on PhonePe or PhonePe entities platform, subject to regulatory provisions and permitted by PhonePe.
- PhonePe Pre-Paid Instrument (“PPI”, “PhonePe Wallet”)&PhonePe Gift Card (“eGV”); These are Payment Instruments issued by PhonePe as per Reserve Bank of India (“RBI”) directives.
- PhonePe UPI (“UPI – Unified Payment Interface”); Enables Your to make payment to a merchant or any person as permitted through Your Bank account using the UPI ecosystem.
- Mutual Fund distribution (“MFD”); enables You to rise request for purchase and redemption of Your Mutual Fund units.
- Insurance Solicitation; enables You to solicitate insurance as per Your needs.
- External Wallets (“EW”); enables You to use another authorized Payment Instrument (PPI) to make payment for goods and services on PhonePe Platform.
- Recharge & Bill Payments (“RBP”); enables You to pay Your bills or recharge Your account with listed service providers on PhonePe Platform.
- Merchant Payments on PhonePe Platform (“Switch Merchants”); Our in-app service that enables You to access merchant websites/application within PhonePe mobile application and use PhonePe or any other Payment Instruments provided by such merchants.
In order to avail PhonePe Services, you need a mobile, internet or any other supported device that meets the compatibility requirements of accessing PhonePe app and PhonePe website, which may change from time to time. PhonePe may further release updates to its application and You are required to update the PhonePe app as and when available for you, in order to continue availing PhonePe Services.
Sign-Up / Registration⌄
In order to use the full spectrum of PhonePe Services, You need to register on the PhonePe App and provide Us with accurate and complete information. You are also required to keep your accounts, KYC details and contact information complete and updated at all times.
Once you sign-up on PhonePe, you are entitled to a Phone Account. You can also register with PhonePe from any third party merchant platform subject to certain conditions and limitations available on PhonePe website & application. Once registered with PhonePe, certain services may ask you for additional information in order or avail such service and may involve creation of sub-accounts for availing such services.
The device on which You download PhonePe App and use during registration, shall become Your registered device and device details shall be stored by us. The moment You log into your PhonePe account from a different device using the PhonePe app, You will be asked to allow PhonePe to send an SMS from the new device, after which the new device becomes the registered device. You will not be able to access your PhonePe account using your previous device until you re-login and re-authorize yourself on that device.
Your conduct on Website(s) and Application(s)⌄
You shall promptly inform PhonePe of any unauthorized usage of your PhonePe Wallet or loss of mobile device and any other circumstances which may lead to unauthorized usage of your PhonePe Account. The responsibility of any transaction prior to intimation, will solely be on the registered User;
You understand that while availing services offered by Merchants and your payment to merchants using any of PhonePe Services (Prepaid PhonePe Wallets, eGVs, Unified Payment Interface, Payment Gateway), you understand that we are not a party to the contract between you and the Merchant and act only as an Intermediary ( IT Act 2000). PhonePe does not endorse any advertiser or Merchant linked to its website or app. Furthermore, PhonePe is under no obligation to monitor the Merchant's service used by you; the Merchant alone will be responsible for all obligations under the contract including (without limitation) warranties or guarantees. Any dispute with or complaint against any Merchant must be directly resolved by you with the Merchant. It is clarified that PhonePe shall not be responsible or liable for any deficiency in goods and/or services purchased using PhonePe Wallet balance. You are instructed to satisfy yourself regarding the quality, quantity and fitness of any good and/or service before purchasing the same.
You agree that in case any amount is transferred erroneously by You to any Merchant, Participating Platforms or any other person, PhonePe shall not be liable to refund such amount to You under any circumstances.
You further agree that Any web-link on the website to a third-party site is not an endorsement of that web-link. By using or browsing any such other web-link, you shall be subject to the terms and conditions in each such web-link.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any login information and secure access credentials associated with your PhonePe account. Accordingly, you are responsible for all activities that occur under your account/is using your secure credentials and PhonePe shall not be liable for any such change or action performed by using your secure credentials on PhonePe Platform.
Attempting to access PhonePe Platform using any other means apart from ones provided by Us is strictly prohibited and shall be deemed unauthorized access, whether attempted or accessed through any automated, unethical or unconventional means. Further you should not directly or indirectly engage in any activity using device, software or any routine process that disrupts or interferes with our ability to service you or any other user(s) on PhonePe Platform, including the servers and/or networks to which our resources are located or connected. You are solely responsible for any consequences, losses, or damages that we may directly or indirectly incur or suffer due to any unauthorized activities conducted by You, as explained above, and may incur criminal or civil liability.
You shall not use any "deep-link", "page-scrape", "robot", "spider" or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual or digital process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the PhonePe Platform or any Content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the PhonePe Platform or any content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the PhonePe Platform.
You shall not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the PhonePe Platform or any network connected to the Us, You may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other User of or visitor to PhonePe Platform, or any other customer, including any account on the PhonePe Platform not owned by You, or exploit the PhonePe Platform or any PhonePe Service or information made available or offered by or through the PhonePe Platform, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information, other than Your own information, as provided for by the PhonePe Platform.
- You further agree that -
- In the event of any dispute, PhonePe records shall be binding as the conclusive evidence of the transactions carried out through use of PhonePe Services.
- PhonePe shall send all customer communications by SMS and/or email and they shall be deemed to have been received by You after they have been submitted for delivery to the SMS/email service providers.
- Agree to receive all commercial messages including transactional messages from PhonePe/ Merchant.
- To use the PhonePe Services in good faith