This document is an electronic record in terms of Information Technology Act, 2000 (as may be from time to time), the rules thereunder as applicable and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
Please read these Terms and Conditions – PhonePe Checkout (“Terms”) carefully before accessing or using PhonePe Checkout (defined below). These Terms are a binding legal contract between You and PhonePe Private Limited (“PhonePe”) having its registered office at Office-2, Floor 4,5,6,7, Wing A, Block A, Salarpuria Softzone Service Road, Green Glen Layout, Bellandur, Bangalore, South Bangalore, Karnataka – 560103, India. You agree and acknowledge that You have read the Terms set forth below. If You do not agree to these Terms or do not wish to be bound by these Terms, You may choose not to avail/use PhonePe Checkout.
“You”, “Your” – refers to any registered user of PhonePe who is availing/accessing PhonePe Checkout.
PhonePe has developed a software/platform via which You shall be provided an option to complete your checkout journey on the Client Platform (defined below) of certain merchant(s)/client(s) of PhonePe (hereinafter referred to as “PhonePe Client”). As a part of this service, You shall be provided an option by PhonePe (on the checkout page of the PhonePe Client’s website/mobile application/other platform (hereinafter referred to as “Client Platform”) to complete Your product/service checkout journey on the Client Platform (which may include, but not be limited to, (i) confirming the shipping method and adding coupons (if applicable); (ii) confirming/adding the recipient’s name, delivery address and the associated phone number (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Address”); and (iii) making payment). The service described in this paragraph is being referred to as PhonePe Checkout under these Terms.
In order to avail the PhonePe Checkout service, You would have to click/tap on the provided button/tab on the Client Platform which shall be displayed during Your checkout journey. Post clicking/tapping, You would be redirected to the PhonePe mobile application/platform/mobile site/website (or any other platform as may be extended by PhonePe from time to time) which is hereinafter referred to as “PhonePe Platform”. It is hereby clarified that the terminology/verbiage displayed on the button/tab and user flow (for availing the PhonePe Checkout service as provided in these Terms) may be amended by PhonePe without providing You any notice in this regard.
PhonePe may amend these Terms at any time by posting an updated version on PhonePe website(s) and/or PhonePe’s mobile application. The updated version of these Terms shall take effect immediately upon posting. It is Your responsibility to review these Terms periodically for updates/changes, if any. Your use of PhonePe Checkout following the posting of changes shall mean Your acceptance and agreement to such revision(s)/modification(s).
General Terms and Conditions
- PhonePe may require You to authenticate Your credentials (via OTP and/or any other mode as PhonePe may deem fit) in order for You to proceed with availing/using PhonePe Checkout. Further, it shall be deemed that the user availing the PhonePe Checkout is You as long as the login on either Client Platform and/or PhonePe Platform is done with Your login details/account/credentials.
- Post successful authentication (if required), You shall be provided access to the PhonePe Platform with respect to the usage of PhonePe Checkout.
- With respect to PhonePe Checkout, PhonePe shall fetch Your cart details (including, but not limited to, selected product(s)/service(s), quantity, price, total amount, delivery charges) from the respective PhonePe Client from which You intend to avail such product(s)/service(s). You hereby consent to PhonePe obtaining and processing such data (as provided in this paragraph) from the respective PhonePe Client.
- You hereby understand and agree that it would be Your responsibility to review and confirm (before proceeding/completing the purchase) all such data that is fetched by PhonePe from the respective PhonePe Client and displayed on PhonePe Platform.
- In addition to such data that is fetched by PhonePe from the PhonePe Client, PhonePe, wherever feasible, shall populate/display the Address that has been added by You on the PhonePe Platform which may be used/confirmed/provided by You during the purchase/availing of the respective product/service. You shall also have the option to add any alternate Address as the delivery address.
- You hereby understand that the cart details (including, but not limited to, pricing, product availability, delivery charges) may vary based on the delivery address that has been chosen by You. You agree to carefully review the same before proceeding with the payment.
- You further understand that via PhonePe Checkout, PhonePe is merely enabling/facilitating You to complete Your checkout journey for the product(s)/service(s) that You intend to avail/purchase from the respective PhonePe Client. Further, You understand that the fulfilment/after-sales service of the product(s)/service(s) shall be the sole responsibility of the PhonePe Client.
- You understand and agree that any dispute/issue with respect to/in relation to such product(s)/service(s), including all disputes regarding the quality, merchantability, deficiency, non-delivery, delay in the delivery of such product(s)/service(s) shall be handled between You and the respective PhonePe Client and PhonePe shall not be made a party to such dispute/issue, under any circumstances whatsoever. Additionally, the purchase of such product(s)/service(s) (including, but not limited to, returns/refund period) shall be governed by the terms and conditions of the respective PhonePe Client. You are hereby strongly advised to review such terms and conditions as provided/made applicable by the PhonePe Client before proceeding with the purchase/availing of such product(s)/service(s).
- You hereby understand and agree that PhonePe, with respect to the purchase of the product(s)/service(s) by You, shall share the data that is provided/confirmed by You on PhonePe Checkout (with respect to the specific purchase) with the respective PhonePe Client from where You are purchasing/availing the product/service. You agree that, once such data is shared by PhonePe, PhonePe shall not be responsible with respect to the use/processing of such data by the PhonePe Client, under any circumstances whatsoever. Additionally, You hereby also agree to PhonePe storing/retaining and processing any data that has been provided by You on PhonePe Checkout.
- As a part of the PhonePe Checkout, PhonePe shall also facilitate payments for You with respect to the purchase/availing of product(s)/service(s). Depending on the payment instrument/method opted by You, the respective terms and conditions provided on the PhonePe Platform (applicable to the respective payment instrument/method) shall become applicable. Such terms and conditions shall be deemed incorporated herein by reference.
- There may certain offers extended to You (by PhonePe/PhonePe Client/any third party) with respect to the PhonePe Checkout. You agree that participating in such an offer is subject to You agreeing to the respective offer terms and conditions. You agree that any dispute/issue with respect to such offer shall be handled solely between You and the party that is extending such offer.
- You agree to indemnify and hold PhonePe, its affiliates, employees, directors, officers, agents and representatives, harmless, from any and all losses, damages, actions, claims and liabilities (including legal costs) which may arise in relation to Your usage/access of PhonePe Checkout or purchase/availing of product(s)/service(s) from the PhonePe Client.
In no event will PhonePe be liable for any indirect, consequential, incidental, special or punitive damages, including without limitation, damages for loss of profits or revenues, business interruption, loss of business opportunities, loss of data or loss of other economic interests, whether in contract, negligence, tort or otherwise, arising from the use of or inability to use the information provided, however caused and whether arising in contract, tort, negligence, warranty or otherwise.
- These Terms shall be governed by the laws of India, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Any claim or dispute between You and PhonePe that arises in whole or in part from in relation to these Terms shall be decided exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction located in Bangalore.
- PhonePe disclaims all warranties, express or implied, regarding the accuracy and genuineness of such PhonePe Checkout services made available pursuant to these Terms.